17th May 2013
- Southern Africa Focus
- Alex Bell examines an ongoing case in South Africa, where human rights groups and lawyers are challenging that government’s decision to grant a former Rwandan General and suspected war criminal, Faustin Kayumba Nyamwasa, refugee status. Alex also highlights a decision by a court in Lesotho to uphold a discriminatory section of that country’s Chieftainship Act, which denies all women hereditary chieftainship rights.
- Southern Africa Focus – Listen here
- Sport and Entertainment Corner
- Tonight Ezra’s Sports & Entertainment corner looks at Zimbabwe Highlanders FC’s war with the referees and Premier soccer league, while Manchester United win the premiership in England. Plus South African music star Dan Tshanda and his band Splash are stranded in Zimbabwe. And don’t forget to stay tuned for all the latest music from around the world.
- Sport and Entertainment Corner< - Listen here