14th June 2013
- Southern Africa Focus
- Alex Bell speaks to the director of a new documentary about human rights lawyer Beatrice Mtetwa. Through interviews with Mtetwa and some of her defendants, the film tells the story of what happens when rulers place themselves above the law and why defence of the rule of law is a crucial step in the building of a civil society. Director Lorie Conway shares her experience of making the film.
- Southern Africa Focus – Listen here
- Letter From Zimbabwe
- Author Cathy Buckle writes: “The last date for planting winter wheat is around the 10th of May with the deadline being the 25th May. By the end of the first week of June 2013 only two thousand hectares of land had been planted to winter wheat this season. This is half the hectarage that was planted last year. Allowing a yield of three tonnes a hectare, Zimbabwe has only planted enough wheat to produce six thousand tonnes of grain this year. In a country that consumes 450,000 tonnes of wheat a year, we are set to produce enough wheat to last the country just one week.”
- Letter From Zimbabwe – Listen here
- Sport and Entertainment Corner
- Sports and Entertainment Corner Sports and Entertainment corner features the latest music from new and old artists plus interview with former Zimbabwe National Team football manager Earnest Maphepha Sibanda.
- Sport and Entertainment Corner< – Listen here