19th June 2013
- Rhoda is a young woman of 25 who resorted to prostitution at the age of 14. She now has a 5 year old child. She says poverty and the tough economic situation drove her into selling her body on daily basis in the red light districts of Bulawayo, Botswana and Mberengwa, risking infecting herself with HIV/AIDS. Baron is a young qualified mechanic who is struggling to find a job. He blames it on the mismanagement of the economy by the ZANU PF government and urges all the youths in Zimbabwe to register as voters so as to change the incompetent government come elections.
- Callback – Listen here
- Hidden Story
- Gideon Chitanga is a PhD Candidate in Politics and International Studies at Rhodes University in South Africa. He says it’s important for the leaders of all political parties, wishing to dislodge Mugabe from power, to present a united front. This is the only way they stand any chance of winning and avoiding a possible presidential run off as a result of a fragmented opposition.
- Hidden Story – Listen here
- Wilbert of Wednesday
- Political commentator Wilbert Mukori says: “The right to a meaningful say in the governance of the country through free, fair and democratic elections is the heart, body and soul of good government. It is the duty of every free Zimbabwean to make sure that free and fair elections are back on the national agenda so that this right, this birth right, is guaranteed and enjoyed by every Zimbabwean young and old for all times.”
- Wilbert on Wednesday – Listen here